Monday, March 15, 2010

Pneumonia...

It's been an interesting week. Troy came home for one day on Friday before having to leave for Germany for the week. Wednesday I woke up with a funky, tight feeling in my chest. I had a feeling I was getting sick, so I decided I would pay close attention to how I was feeling. By the end of the day, I was feeling chilled and was sure I had something. I went to the doctor on Thursday afternoon, and although they could tell I had something, my fever wasn't high and they couldn't hear anything in my lungs, so they just sent me home. I woke up in the middle of the night with a really bad pain in my chest. It felt like someone was sitting on me. I got up and moved around a bit and it didn't go away. So I decided to go to the ER. I told Dana I was going, called Troy so he could worry (lol) and called my sister, Andy. I went in and they did the usual chest pain stuff. First they did and EKG and pretty quick after that, they took me for a chest x-ray. Not much later, a doctor came in and told me I had pneumonia. I was, of course, not surprised. I was also glad I wasn't having a heart attack or something. But when he had a listen to my chest with his stethoscope, he couldn't hear anything either. He commented that it was a good thing we had radiology right then. So they gave me some IV antibiotics and started me on oral antibiotics as well, and sent me home. I was there from about 3:30am to 6:30am. Andy helped out a ton by first coming to the hospital to be with me, then going to my house to help the kids get ready for school.

So I've been trying to stay in bed as much as possible. I had to run some errands on Saturday to help Dana and myself get ready for our trip to Salzburg, which I will not miss because of some silly pneumonia! :) It made me feel a little worn out. I stayed in bed all day yesterday. I feel pretty good today, but I am still laying low, staying home. I think I am having some side effects from the antibiotics(tummy ache) but I feel relatively good. Just tired. I hope that tomorrow I feel well enough to finish getting ready to go. And I'm REALLY glad that my hubby came home! I wish I wasn't leaving again so soon.

No comments: